03 Feb 2017 / by AP Securities (formerly Angping & Associates Securities)
Special Report: Analysis of the DENR’s mining audit results
DENR’s Mining Audit results
DENR Sec. Gina Lopez’s announcement of the mining audit results yesterday led to the negative sentiment of the mining and oil sector and caused a sell-off.
The DENR has ordered to shut a couple of dozen mining sites, mainly nickel producers that account for about half of output in the world’s top nickel ore supplier and about 10% of world supply, in a government campaign to fight environmental degradation by the industry.
The firms have 15 days to appeal their case before the DENR and should their plea get rejected, they could elevate their case to President Rodrigo Duterte.
Here is a summary of the mining audit results.
- Benguet Corp. Nickel Mines
- AAMPHIL Natural Resources Exploration
- CTP Construction and Mining Corporation
- Eramen Minerals
- Krominco Inc.
- Carrascal Nickel Corporation
- Zambales Diversified Metals Corporation
- Oriental Vision Mining Philippines Corp.
- Marcventures Mining and Development Corporation
- LNL Archipelago Mining Corp.
- Libjo Mining Corporation
- Hinatuan Mining Corporation
- Mt. Sinai Mining Exploration and Development Corp.
- Adnama Mining Resources
- SinoSteel Philippines H./Y. Mining Corporation
- Emir Minerals Corp.
- Claver Mineral Development Corporation
- Oriental Synergy Mining Corporation
- Techiron Mineral Resources
- Platinum Group Metals Corporation
- Wellex Mining Corporation
- OceanaGold Philippines
- Berong Nickel Corporation
- Benguet Corp.
- Citinickel Mines and Development Corporation
- Ore Asia Mining and Development Corporation
- Strong Built Mining Development Corporation
List of affected PSE-listed mining companies
- NIKL (Hinatuan Mining Corporation)
- FNI (Platinum Group Metals Corporation)
- MARC (Marcventures Mining and Development Corporation)
- WIN (Wellex Mining Corporation)
- BC (Benguet Corp. Nickel Mines)
- AT/DMC (Berong Nickel Corporation)
- LC (Benguet Corp.)
- ORE (Citinickel Mines, Ore Asia Mining)
Our Partner Broker’s Analysis and Recommendation
Based on the results of the mining audit that was released yesterday…
For this year, we expect NIKL and FNI to …
We recommend investors to …
And be a smart investor! -->
Upgrade to Premium Access
And be a smart investor! -->
OTHER SPECIAL REPORTS
See all the most recent Special Reports below.
This report is prepared by PinoyInvestor’s partner broker below. Sign up to this stock broker to avail of their complete trading brokerage services:
AP Securities (formerly Angping & Associates Securities)
AP Securities (formerly Angping & Associates Securities) is one of PinoyInvestor’s partners in delivering superior and reliable stock research reports that help Filipino investors make smart stock investing decisions! Learn more about them here.