FREE Market Commentary: LR’s Casino Resort in Boracay on Track To Open in 2021
NOTE: This Premium Market Commentary from PinoyInvestor’s partner stockbroker is given to you for Free. Do you want other FREE stock market and PSE reports? Simply register here. Or get a Premium Access subscription to get complete and unlimited access to all exclusive PinoyInvestor reports! Your investment in knowledge only costs PHP 399.00!
Market Issue or Event
LR’s Casino Resort in Boracay on Track To Open in 2021
Leisure & Resorts World Corp. (LR) said that its $550.0-Million integrated casino resort project will push through despite Boracay’s 6-month closure last April. Management will engage stakeholders to make sure that plans will be environmentally compliant.
Also, LR noted that out of the 23-hectare floor area, only 17,300 sqm (or 7.5%) will be allotted for the casino. The company is also confident that the project is aligned with the President’s vision of maintaining Boracay as a top tourist destination.
Our Partner Broker’s View and Commentary
LR’s confidence on getting the government’s approval to put up the casino should again boost sentiment on the stock. While it is still hard to assess the timing as well as the new casino’s gaming capacity, we believe the location alone is very attractive for both premium and mass gamers alike.
The new casino comes amid the big boost in Cebu air traffic following more direct flights from China. Investors should be cautious though as the stock is currently trading at 16.3x TTM compared to the 15.3x 5-year average – which means that LR is trading on the belief that it will get the approval for the Boracay casino.
OTHER MARKET VIEWS
See all the most recent Market Views and Commentaries.
- Market Commentary: CEB Price Drops 38%, Loses PHP 31 Billion Market Cap Due To Trading Error
- Market Commentary: Landlords, Rental House Owners Win Big in Booming Chinese POGOs in PHL
- Market Commentary: Mislatel to Rebrand as ‘Dito Telecommunity’ After Getting 3rd Telco License
- Market Commentary: JFC Announces Joint Venture with Panda Group to Bring Panda Express to PHL
- Market Commentary: RRHI Considers Exit from Retail Fashion Business
OTHER SPECIAL REPORTS
See all recent Special Reports.
- Special Report: Oil Sector Outlook, with Target Prices for PCOR, SHLPH, PNX (July 2019)
- Special Report: Banking Sector Outlook with Target Prices for BDO, MBT, SECB, BPI, EW (July 2019)
- Special Report: PSE Stock Market Outlook and Top Stock Picks by RCBC Securities
- Special Report: Which PSE Companies Beat Earnings Expectations? (2019-1Q)
- Special Report: Outlook on BLOOM, RWM, and Gaming Sector (July 2019)
This report is prepared by PinoyInvestor’s partner broker below. Sign up to this stock broker to avail of their complete trading brokerage services: