FREE Market Commentary: LR’s Casino Resort in Boracay on Track To Open in 2021
NOTE: This Premium Market Commentary from PinoyInvestor’s partner stockbroker is given to you for Free. Do you want other FREE stock market and PSE reports? Simply register here. Or get a Premium Access subscription to get complete and unlimited access to all exclusive PinoyInvestor reports! Your investment in knowledge only costs PHP 399.00!
Market Issue or Event
LR’s Casino Resort in Boracay on Track To Open in 2021
Leisure & Resorts World Corp. (LR) said that its $550.0-Million integrated casino resort project will push through despite Boracay’s 6-month closure last April. Management will engage stakeholders to make sure that plans will be environmentally compliant.
Also, LR noted that out of the 23-hectare floor area, only 17,300 sqm (or 7.5%) will be allotted for the casino. The company is also confident that the project is aligned with the President’s vision of maintaining Boracay as a top tourist destination.
Our Partner Broker’s View and Commentary
LR’s confidence on getting the government’s approval to put up the casino should again boost sentiment on the stock. While it is still hard to assess the timing as well as the new casino’s gaming capacity, we believe the location alone is very attractive for both premium and mass gamers alike.
The new casino comes amid the big boost in Cebu air traffic following more direct flights from China. Investors should be cautious though as the stock is currently trading at 16.3x TTM compared to the 15.3x 5-year average – which means that LR is trading on the belief that it will get the approval for the Boracay casino.
OTHER MARKET VIEWS
See all the most recent Market Views and Commentaries.
- Market Commentary: PHP 9.05 Trillion Debt of PHL Gov't Not Yet Cause for Concern
- Market Commentary: Malls, Airlines, Casinos, Restaurants to be Hardest Hit in MECQ
- Market Commentary: OFW Remittances Plunge 19.3% to $2.106 billion in May 2020
- Market Commentary: DITO will likely not be Backdoor Listing Vehicle for 3rd Telco
- Market Commentary: JFC Expects Strong Growth and Recovery in 2021 vs. 2020
OTHER SPECIAL REPORTS
See all recent Special Reports.
- Special Report: Ayala REIT (AREIT) a Discount vs. its IPO Price?
- Special Report: Is AREIT Inc. Overvalued?
- Special Report: Is AREIT's Dividend Yield Attractive for an Investor Like You?
- Special Report: Survival of the Fittest in the Food Industry (JFC, MAXS, PIZZA, DNL, URC, CNPF)
- Special Report: TEL vs. GLO Telco Battle in the Time of COVID
This report is prepared by PinoyInvestor’s partner broker below. Sign up to this stock broker to avail of their complete trading brokerage services: